Pages

February 12, 2011

Mom-safe Brownies


I decided on a whim today I make a valentine's treat for my mom.  Gluten and dairy free of course, so here is the recipe before I forget how good these were.  It is not an exaggeration to say I couldn't tell these were mom safe.  I would have thought that they were to decadent and rich for an allergy friendly treat.

Gluten and Dairy Free Brownies


I found the recipe here.


3 oz margarine
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 oz semisweet chocolate
180 grams sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
53 grams gluten free flour mix
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp coffee
1 tsp coffee liquor


Method:
Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment, spray the lined pan with oil and then dust the whole thing with cocoa powder.

Melt the margarine and chocolate together, then set aside to cool.  Beat the eggs and sugar with mixer on med-high speed until they are creamed, light and a bit pale.  Add vanilla, coffee, coffee liquor, salt and flour to egg mixture.  Mix well.  Add the cooled butter/chocolate mixture, incorporate fully.  Pour the batter into the pan.  Drop the pan onto the counter to get rid of the air bubbles.

Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 300 F.  Bake for 25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out with only a few attached crumbs.  Cool in the pan, then you can flip it onto a wire rack to decorate, or a cutting board to cut.  I whipped up a margarine/icing sugar frosting with a little red food gel to make the pink frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment