Pages

November 19, 2011

Thai Peanut Pumpkin Hummus


I've been making (and eating) a lot of hummus the last few weeks.  All the recipes I've tried have been great, but this one stands out.  I took a container of this hummus and crackers to the mall for a day of shopping with my mom.  We ate this along with a few pieces of fruit and it filled us right up.  It didn't need to be refrigerated (not that my car wasn't cold enough!) which was a major bonus as far as usability.  Nutritious, filling and easy.  Done.

Like all hummus's the recipe is very straight forward; throw all ingredients in a food processor.  Blitz, taste.  This time I peeled all the skins off the chickpeas, it was quite time consuming.  Though the hummus was very smooth and silky I don't think you'll find me doing that again, a little bit of grit is fine for me.  The peanut is not overpowering, the pumpkin is subtle, but the sriracha does add a little kick, so be careful if you don't like spice.  Bookmark this, make it soon and enjoy.

Thai Peanut Pumpkin Hummus


The original recipe can be found here.


1 can chickpeas
65 g (1/4 cup) natural peanut butter
120 g (1/2 cup) pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp water (I ended up adding another 2 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp sriracha (or other garlic chili paste)
1 tsp ground ginger
2 green onion chopped, white and light green parts only
2 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.  Add more water to reach desired consistency. Taste to check seasonings.  Garnish with sriracha and hoard for yourself with a bowl of rice crackers.

1 comment:

  1. That hummus rocked! So did the shopping. I love my new clothes!

    ReplyDelete