Pages

January 27, 2011

Greek Orzo Salad

This was a dynamite pasta salad.  It was so good, I know for sure I'll make it numerous times again.  It tastes exactly as it is described, greek.  It's fresh and vibrant and strong.  Delicious fresh vegetables chopped up nice and small and a vinegar-y dressing with some salty feta.  Be sure to let is sit and cool in the fridge, the longer it sits the better it gets.  I've had it in my fridge for three days now and I dare say it better than when I made it.

Greek Orzo Salad


This is a half of the original recipe, it's fed me four meals.  So it doubles real easy.

Dressing:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 + 1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/4 + 1/8 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 clove garlic, chopped up
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 T red wine vinegar

Place all the ingredients in a blender or cup for a hand blender.  Blend until thoroughly combined.

Salad:
3/4 c uncooked orzo pasta
1/4 a tomato, diced small
1/4 c cucumber, diced small
1/8 of a red onion, diced small
1/4 of a red pepper, diced small
1/4 c crumbled feta
4 olives, pitted and minced

In a large pot bring lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.  Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes.

In a large bowl combine all ingredients, toss together with dressing.  Refrigerate at least one hour.

How easy is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment