Pages

January 1, 2011

A doughnut to end the year

Yesterday night, as is a dutch tradition, we made oliebollen.  These are fried doughnuts, with many different recipes, though the one we use is from my Oma.  I don’t think I’ve ever not eaten oliebollen in the days leading up to New Year’s Day.  In fact, even if you are not the kind to pull out a deep frier and whip up some doughnuts, you can still eat them if you buy them locally, freshly made at a dutch owned produce store here in Chilliwack.  Or you can call me.  We doubled our recipe and made our rounds last night, a plateful to some friends I doubt have ever tried it, a bowlful to my very dutch in-laws, and a whole platter to Shane’s work, where they were promptly devoured.  We ate a few for ourselves too of course, and they were every bit as good as I remember.  


Here is the recipe I posted from January 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment