Pages

November 26, 2010

Hot Chocolate on a Stick



It's time for week six of ten weeks of Christmas cookies.  And this time I'm not bringing you a cookie or bar or even anything baked.  This time it's hot chocolate on a stick, one of my favorite treats in the winter.  This recipe is a no brainer for me because I don't usually have marshmallows in the house, they're full of bad for you ingredients, of course they don't usually end up in my hot chocolate as a result.  I should also mention I rarely have hot chocolate in the house, I don't typically find them all that good.  So once (or maybe twice) a year I make a batch of these to give away with my Christmas boxes, indulging in a few myself of course.

It's a block of fudge, I'm not kidding, you swirl into hot milk and a built in marshmallow!  I've made these marshmallows peppermint flavoured before which turned out really yummy.  Homemade marshmallows are different from store bought ones, they're lighter for one, and have a lot more flavour.  I really really like them!  (I'm going to try using my leftover marshmallows in place of marshmallow fluff in a fudge recipe, I'll let you know how it goes)

I got the recipe right here and I didn't stray from it at all.  But just a warning it makes a lot, even a half batch makes 20 or so (depending how you cut them) so share them.  Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment