Pages

March 23, 2011

Broccoli Salad

Now this is a broccoli salad I can get behind.  I think you can still call it healthy (some broccoli salads really aren't) but I could eat it by the bucket full.  Cranberries and almonds and mayo (don't judge me!) so delicious.  Will be making this...soon.

Broccoli Salad

I adapted this recipe from a Smitten Kitchen one I found.


Ingredients:
2 heads of broccoli
1/3 cup sliced, toasted almonds
1/2 of a red onion, really small dice
1/3 cup of cranberries, chopped up
2 strips of bacon, crisped, then finely sliced

1/3 c mayo
2 Tbsp buttermilk
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar

Go!
Trim the broccoli from the thick stems and chop up the whole thing until the pieces of broccoli are what you'd call manageable.  I use some of the stems, not all.

Toss the broccoli, almonds, cranberries, red onion and bacon into a large bowl.  In a smaller bowl whisk together the mayo, buttermilk, vinegar and sugar until its well combined.  Pour most of the dressing over the broccoli (you don't want to drown it) and toss to combine.  Add more dressing if necessary.  Season the salad with salt and pepper.  Refrigerate for at least one hour.

1 comment: