Pages

March 15, 2011

Cappuccino Cookies

So first off these cookies are good, quite good for a cookie with white chocolate.  But if you don't like coffee powder, you won't like these, you can smell the flavour quite strongly and taste it too.  My first cookies turned out flat and greasy, this was because I don't think they had been chilled long enough.  It took me two pans of cookies to realize this, but at least I'm learning.  I'll make these cookies again, so here is the recipe.

Cappuccino Cookies

I got this recipe from Joy the Baker.  You can find it here.

Notes:  Be absolutely sure to refrigerate your dough before baking and between batches.  I also turned the oven up to 375 F, but I don't know what temperature my oven was at (my temperature gauge is broke.)  These two steps ensured that my cookies had a little bite to them, and weren't completely flat.

Ingredients:
250 g (1 c) butter, room temperature
150 g (3/4 c) brown sugar
150 g (3/4 c) white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
270 g (2 1/4 c) flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp instant espresso powder, or coffee powder
1 c white chocolate chunks

Directions:
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and coffee powder, Set aside.  

In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.  Scrape down the bowl of the mixer and add your egg, egg yolk and vanilla, mixing until well combined and fluffy, at least another minute or two.  Stopping the mixer, add your dry ingredients all at once and stir in on low until just combined.  Take the bowl off the mixer and fold the chocolate chips in by hand.  Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 45 minutes.

While the dough is chilling preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.  

Scoop the cookie dough out in large tablespoons onto waiting pan.  Bake for 11-13 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges.  Allow to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment