Pages

October 27, 2011

October Hiking

Mom and I took a morning to hike to Lindeman Lake, we had to visit it while it's show of colour was flourishing.  It was wet and cold, very cold.  At the bottom of the hike it was zero degrees and at the lake the puddles were frozen.  What a fitting poem:

"Just before the death of flowers,
and before they are buried in snow,
There comes a festive season
When nature is all aglow.
-Unknown author

Canopies of yellow leaves
 
We stopped and listened a few times to absolute silence.  Absolute.  How wonderful the sound was.  In different days it would have been normal to hear nothing, in our times it is magnificent.  We did have to drive 40 km into the mountains to get it, but if I'm patient one day I will step into my backyard.
This photo hardly does it justice.  Lindeman Lake is crystal clear.  It's glacier fed and cold as the dickens.  When the wind doesn't whisper on the water, it's surface is like glass.
Awash in colour and a very low snow line.
Cu-uuuute hat mom!

1 comment:

  1. My granola hat is very warm, so are the gloves! I was giggling at the 'mom' sweats. Lol I had a great time. I love your observations and appreciation of nature! Next time green drop!
    PS did you notice neither of us even thought about bringing the dogs?

    ReplyDelete