Pages

January 23, 2012

13 Days of Salad

Sounds awesome right?!  
You see, I've got somewhere important to be in 13 days and I'd really like to look my best.  For me that means, no sugar for at least a week (to clear up my skin) preferably two.  It means running for darn sure, and it means vegetables, so belly is not swollen, lots and lots of vegetables.  
Thus, 13 days of salads was born.  I'm very excited.  Today's was a good way to start: Pomegranate and Apple Salad.
It's just a few things stuck together, use whatever amounts you would like.
fresh pomegranate seeds, about 1/4 cup
1 granny smith apple, I only used half, cut into matchsticks
pine nuts, toasted, I used about 2 Tbsp
a spoonful of goats cheese, I used the peppercorn variety
greens
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp or so good quality olive oil

I also added about 1/3 cup white beans, fried in a little butter for some protein and because I had them lying around.  So good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment