Pages

January 31, 2012

Chopped Salad with Garlic Dressing


How can you feel guilty eating a salad!?  I don't know, but I am the queen of guilt, I loved it so much if felt naughty.  I love this salad, especially the dressing, which I've made before.  It's like smack-you-in-the-face-garlic-y, or vampire slayer garlic-y, which is awesome!  I'd recommend using great garlic here, but I didn't have any one hand, so it's not bad you regular run-of-the-mill garlic either.

David Lebovitz has the recipe, or rather the template I used for this salad.  I just love how versatile it is.  I'd suggest you take a look at his site, and also at your fridge.  Be inspired.

Chopped Salad with Garlic Dressing

Source: David Lebovtiz
Serves: two

2 cloves garlic, mashed on a microplane
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp grainy mustard
1/4 cup great olive oil

romaine
spinach
chives
cabbage
goat cheese
grated carrots
sunflower seeds
half avocado, diced

Mix together the garlic, lemon juice, salt and mustard in a small bowl.  With a fork mix in the olive oil, but don't worry about it emulsifying, you don't really want that anyways.

Toss all the ingredients of your salad with the dressing.  Feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment