Pages

January 25, 2012

Blood Orange and Parmesan Salad

This salad was inspired two weeks ago by a beautiful blood orange sitting on my counter.  The glory of fresh citrus in January littered my counters and I searched for interesting flavours to compliment.  It's fairy well balanced I'd say.  Tart and sweet, nutty and chewy.  The first salad I made was better, so I'll write the recipe for that one.  (Pictured below)
Blood Orange Inspired Salad

Serves: Two

Lettuce for two
Two medjool dates, chopped small
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1 blood orange, segmented, all the skin taken off
parmesan in slices

Combine all these ingredients in a mixing bowl, saving a little for garnishing on top.  Toss with vinaigrette and plate up.

blood orange vinaigrette:
juice of one blood orange
small dash of white wine vinegar
double the amount of orange juice in olive oil
a tiny bit of dijon mustard
salt and pepper

Place these ingredients in a little container or jar, shake well.

No comments:

Post a Comment