Pages

January 7, 2012

Citrus Season

And this is only half of it!
I realize citrus isn't local.  Not by a long shot, in fact, the closest place to us that grows accessible citrus is California. And folks, that is a long ways away!  But it had to be done, a jammer can't avoid citrus, it needs to be preserved.  So I broke down and bought some, a lot actually.  There were blood oranges, kumquats, pomelos, grapefruit, and limes. And above all else...there were Meyer-freakin'-lemons!  Meyer lemons, my first ever.  $20 worth of citrus is going to taste wonderful all winter long.  Thank you globalization!

I have a weekend coming up, Monday and Tuesday and I hope to put a heavy dent into my loot.  A citrus-blend marmalade for A Jam Collective, a Meyer lemon-strawberry perhaps?  Lemon and blood orange would be great, or maybe just a plain Meyer lemon to celebrate the fact it might be a long time before I taste one again.  What do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment