Pages

December 6, 2011

Fruit Punch Jam


Fruit punch! That is what I'm calling this jam.
Do I drink fruit punch? No.
Do I know what I'm talking about? No.  I'm calling it fruit punch because it has pineapple in it.
Does fruit punch have pineapple in it?  I sure hope so.  This jam is so good I've been eating it with a spoon right out of the jar!  I am super pleased with how it turned out.  Sweet, floral with a hint of summer, absolutely delicious!

My lucky A Jam Collective subscribers are going to be some happy people come Saturday when I turn over these jars to them.  I'll bet it won't last them more than a week in their fridges.

Fruit Punch Jam


Makes: Seven jars
Source: this version

10-12 frozen peaches, skins peeled off (about 5-6 cups of pulp)
4 cups grated quince (skins on, careful to avoid the pit)
1 small can crushed pineapple, in pineapple juice
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
900g sugar (4.5 cups) (sugar could be decreased by at least a cup if you prefer things on the less sweet side)

Toss all the ingredients in the pot, simmer away for 30-45 minutes, or until the jam thickens up.  While it's cooking sterilize jars and lids.  Blend with a wand mixer until it reaches an appropriate chunkiness level for you, I didn't want the grated quince identifiable so I pureed it fairly smooth.

Ladle into jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.  Clean rims and seal.  Process for 10 minutes in a water bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment