Pages

November 15, 2012

ThanksNovember D15

I'm thankful for my KitchenAid stand mixer.
It's a wonderful thing.
It's not new, or shiny, or even all that effective.
But I love it all the same.
Shane bought it for me out first Christmas together, 
and it's been my constant companion ever since.
It's the only appliance to take up permanent residence on our counter,
and not a week has gone by that I haven't used it.
I know I won't ever be without one again.

I'm thankful for one tiny closet Shane and I share.
I'm thankful for every article of clothing inside.
I'm thankful for shoes, even when the amount seems excessive.
I'm thankful for our broken dressers, because they'll do for now.
But when we move I'm smashing apart with a bat.
I can't wait.

I'm thankful for salt.
and pepper.
I'm thankful for vanilla and cinnamon.
I'm thankful for vitamin D, which I need.
I'm thankful for coconut and thankful for rice.
I'm thankful for perfect sized glasses.
I'm thankful for oranges because they remind me of Christmas.

I'm thankful for clear nights and cold skies.
I'm only sort of thankful for fog.
I'm thankful when the flood light turns on in the morning so I can see the hill I have to climb.
And I'm thankful when it doesn't because I can see the stars better.
I'm thankful for all the times I've laid beneath a dark summer's sky wondering and dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment