Pages

November 28, 2012

ThanksNovember D28

I'm thankful I've never been in a car accident.
I've heard so many horrible things, and I'm so grateful for safety.
While we're at it, I'm thankful for seat belts,
even when I pull my shoulder out because I'm reefing on it while it's locked.
I'm thankful for my husbands sense of humor, immitating me over and over again.

I'm thankful for November's naked trees. 
They stand tall and stark as they break the wind around me.
I like seeing spring's bird nests and squirrels running loose on bare branches.
I like the bald eagles sitting just over my head, so close that I can see his eyes.
I can't see any of those things with leaves on the tree.

I'm thankful for printer ink as I organize all my recipe into a binder.
Would my hand break if I had to write each recipe out?
I think so.
It nearly broke yesterday when I wrote out Christmas cards.
For 25. (far short of my normal 45)

I'm thankful for this light and nourishing soup we had for dinner last night
and this oat soda bread to go with it.
My belly was full and happy.
(made the soup without the thyme and with 2 Tbsp cream)
And for dessert: the cookies we've been eating all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment