Pages

November 9, 2012

What I ate for...every meal

Oh hey!
hi there!
hola!

yes, that's actually how I talk.
sometimes I answer the phone saying whaaaa-zzuuuppppp
or just yo.
geek.

Moving right along, I came to talk about pie and ice cream. Ice cream and pie.
how do you like it?
Shane likes apple pie.  With one crust please, not two.
Must have crumble topping, or I'll have no help eating it.
I aim to please, so I did just that.
I used leftover apples he didn't want to eat, 
"too many bruises, and they're mushy"
and I adapted the recipe from my new smitten kitchen cookbook.
except I complicated it, as I always do.  So try to follow along.

I made a 2/3 batch of pie dough.
I rolled it into a regular sized pie pan.
I made a half batch of pie filling and crumble topping. 
I baked it for an hour (I think)

I added some incredible ice cream on the side.
Seriously, we love this ice cream. 
It might be one of the fastest eaten ice creams ever made in this house.
It's amazing.

You want a recipe?
Well I hate writing them out
(As you could probably tell, since I'm always linking to recipes instead of writing them even though I wish I had a cooking blog.)
I'm far too much of a pinch of this and a splash of that cook.
All the time I use leftovers from other recipes to make new food.
So writing out recipes turns into an epic task and no one would make the food anyways since it's just my crappy blog.
So instead I'll link to the recipes, like I always do.
(Just because I don't write them out, doesn't make them any less good!)

Any old deep dish apple pie will do.
I made mine with about 3 lbs apples, 1/2 cup sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon, 2 Tbsp flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp nutmeg.
the crumble topping was simple.
1/3 cup sugar, 1/8 tsp cinnamon and salt
80 grams of flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder mixed with 1/2 cup of melted butter.
mix.

bake at 375 for 30 minutes and then reduce temperature to 325 for another 30 minutes until top is browned.

this is the recipe for the ice cream.  
I suggest you make it immediately.
And then hide your spoons so you can't eat it all in a day.

1 comment:

  1. So truthfully I don't make your recipes because I am to damn lazy! My version of pie crust is tender flake -which is delish BTW. I might consider slicing apples if I didn't have to peel them first...Did I tell you that you rock lately?
    -Sup geek?

    ReplyDelete